NY: 212-658-0095 / SDQ-RD: 809-537-1515


Licensed by New York State Courts | Licenciado por los Tribunales del Estado de Nueva York

Adjustment of status is the process by which you can request the status of lawful permanent resident (also known as applying for a green card) when I find s present in the United States.   This means that you can obtain a Green Card without having to return to your country of origin to complete the processing of the visa.

You can be eligible to adjust your status if you are:

  • Immediate Family member of an American citizen (Husband, Children under 21 years of age and Mother/Father)
  • Widow or widower of a U.S. citizen and you were married to your U.S. citizen spouse at the time your spouse died
  • Abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • Abused child (unmarried and under 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
  • Abused parent of a U.S. citizen
  • Employment-Based Immigrants
  • Immigrant investor
  • Religious Worker
  • Are a child who has been abused, abandoned, or neglected by your parent and you have SIJ status
  • Afghanistan or Iraq national
  • Are coming to work in the U.S. as a member of the media
  • Were granted asylum status at least 1 year ago
  • Were admitted as a refugee at least 1 year ago
  • Were Human Trafficking and Crime Victims

To determine your eligibility with adjusting your status while residing in the US, it is necessary that our team evaluate your case. It is important to have your case  handled by a team of responsible and professional attorneys since adjustment of status applications may end up in deportation proceedings should they not be processed correctly.

Call us at 212-658-0095 from the United States and 809-537-151 from Dominican Republic to book a free consultation.