NY: 212-658-0095 / SDQ-RD: 809-537-1515


Licensed by New York State Courts | Licenciado por los Tribunales del Estado de Nueva York

A child who regularly resides outside the United States is eligible for naturalization if they are met all the following conditions:

  • The child has at least one parent, including an adoptive parent, who is a U.S. citizen by birth or by naturalization;
  • The father or mother of the United States citizen of the child or the grandfather of the United States citizen meets certain physical presence requirements in the United States or a peripheral possession;
  • The child is under 18 years old;
  • The child is residing outside the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent, or a person who does not object to the request if the US citizen parent has died;
  • The child is legally admitted, physically present and maintains a legal status in the United States at the time the application is approved and at the time of naturalization.


If you are ready to become a citizen of the United States, it is very important that you work with an immigration attorney. Our attorneys have more than 15 years of experience and are committed to obtain the best results for your case.