We have a highly qualified team to advise, guide and attend your process in the most professional, fast and efficient way possible. You can have the peace of mind of having a group of professionals who will work each case as yours. Here’s how the process works and some of the requirements to qualify.

Visitor Visa B-1 / B-2

Citizens of a foreign country who wish to enter the United States can obtain an immigrant visa. People who wish to travel as non-immigrants can apply for visas in different categories, such as tourists (visiting friends and family), receiving medical treatment, or conducting business.

Applicants must show that they qualify under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The presumption of the law is that every visa applicant is a potential immigrant; At the time of the interview, the applicant must show that they do not intend to reside in the United States.

If you want to travel to the USA, please book an appointment with us so that our team will evaluate your profile and determine if you are ready to begin the visa application.

Visa O-1

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the film or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.

Different classifications of O visa:

O-1A: people of extraordinary ability in science, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, film, or television industry).

 O-1B: individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the film or television industry.

  O-2: individuals who will accompany an O-1, artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance. For an O-1A, O-2 assistance must be an “integral part” of the O-1A’s activity. For an O-1B, O-2 assistance must be “essential” to complete O-1B production. The O-2 worker has critical skills and experience with the O-1 that cannot be easily accomplished by a U.S. worker and that are essential to the successful performance of the O-1.

O-3: individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1 and O-2.

If you want to apply for a visa in this category, please call us at 212-658-0095 from the US and 809-537-1515 from the Dominican Republic.

R1 Religious Visa

An R-1 is a foreign national who comes temporarily to the United States to work as a minister or in another religious vocation or occupation at least part-time (an average of at least 20 hours per week) by:

A non-profit religious organization in the United States;

A religious organization that is authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use their group tax exemption; or

A nonprofit religious organization that is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States.

This visa program is intended for religious workers whose lives are dedicated to religious practices and functions, as opposed to secular members of the religion.

You can change your Visitor status to R1 while in the US Call us at 212-658-0095 to determine if you qualify for this process.

If you are ready to proceed with your application it is very important that you work with an immigration attorney. Our attorneys have more than 15 years of experience and are committed to obtaining the best result for your case.

U-Visa – Victims of crime

U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is reserved for victims and immediate family members of victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are useful to law enforcement or government officials in investigation or prosecution of criminal activities.

You may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

Eligible criminal activities

  • Kidnapping
  • Abusive sexual contact
  • Blackmail
  • Domestic violence
  • Extortion
  • False imprisonment
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Criminal assault
  • Fraud in hiring foreign labor
  • Hostage
  • Incest
  • Involuntary servitude
  • Kidnapping
  • Involuntary manslaughter
  • Murder
  • Obstruction of justice
  • Slavery
  • Perjury
  • Prostitution
  • Violation
  • Sexual assault
  • Sexual exploitation
  • Slave trade
  • Stalking
  • Torture
  • Traffic
  • Witness manipulation
  • Illegal Criminal Restraint
  • Other related crimes



If you or your immediate relative are victims of a crime, contact us for assistance. Once the U visa is approved, you will be able to legally work in the United States and eventually obtain a green card.

Battered Spouse, Children and Parents (VAWA)

As an abused spouse, child, or parent, you can file an immigrant visa application under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).

This act allows certain spouses, children, and parents of US citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents to petition for themselves, without the knowledge of the abuser. This allows victims to seek safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified of the presentation.

VAWA provisions apply equally to women and men.

If you or someone close to you has been the victim of domestic abuse, contact us for a free consultation. We are here to support you and your loved ones.



EM Immigration Law Firm, PLLC is a pro-immigrant law firm dedicated to providing ethical legal solutions in immigration processes. Our attorneys have more than 25 years of experience and are committed to providing the best possible result while offering credible advice. EM Immigration Law Firm, PLLC, and Empowerme EIRL work together to expedite cases and offer Class A customer service. We have two locations: our head office is located in Times Square, New York, and the Dominican Republic office is in the province of Santo Domingo.